Sunday, June 24, 2007

I'd like to understand today, then maybe I would know who I was, when I was, when it was yesterday

I feel I should explain. I'm not big on talking about myself here, you're not interested right? But, it's been a while since my last post, and I had been doing so well recently.

Well, I've spent most of the last week and all of this weekend, working on writing reports for school. It's that time of year, but I don't mind too much because school reports always herald the long summer - a luxury all teachers live for and which easily compensates for all the out of hours work we do the rest of the year (and don't let anyone tell you otherwise...)

Anyway, the long and the short of it is, I got nothing.

Well, I do have a couple of scraps which are completely unrelated but are both worth the wait I feel.

Firstly, I've come across another track available from that weird Belgian guitarist I saw last month. I still know very little about the feller, other than that his stage name is Ignatz, and that his real name is Bram Devens. But seeing as how his material is... enigmatic, to say the least, I'm not too worried about it. I've been listening to his first album quite a lot in the last couple of weeks and I think I'll pick up the second soon (here) as I'm finding his mixture of bluesy disonance quite addictive. The track I've posted here is from the second album, and a great accompaniment for these bright, white, stormy days we're having at the moment...

Silver Moon. Shine Sun! Sun! Sun!

I notice the pick up on the previous track I posted has not been that great so far, so do yourself a favour and pick them both up. It's great stuff.

My second offering came courtesy of Aquarium Drunkard, a blog I keep returning to, and always has something to grab my attention.
It's a rare promo video of one of my personal favourites, Arthur Lee and Love. I rarely go through a week without a Love song popping into my mind, to be honest, and I still can't quite believe that Peter Gabriel is famous, and Lee is dead. Who decides these things? Anyway, it's footage of Arthur and pals, plus girlfriend, arsing about in the desert basically. In cars, on balconies, in the dirt, with a chicken, and it's... just... fascinating. A really wonderful glimpse into a weird past.






Your Mind and We Belong Together

(Credit to original poster - Thomas Galasso)

No comments: