Saturday, May 05, 2007

You say Watoo Watoo, I say Wattoo Wattoo...

Watoo Watoo

I don’t usually do a lot of this, but I’m going to post a few more songs from the Watoo Watoo album that I spoke about in my last post.

I’ve had a chance to listen to some of the other tracks available from their own website, and they’re great.

And if you don’t believe me…



The Golden Castle

This performance was recorded in 2004 for French station TV7 Bordeaux, and is apparently a bit of a rarity in that they don’t seem to do that many live recordings. Watoo Watoo are essentially Michael and Pascale, husband and wife from Bordeaux, and are, of course, not to be confused with the cult French animation superbird Wattoo Wattoo, that was popular in the seventies.

(A mistake I have rather perversely encouraged by the misleading picture above…)

Tuesdays Secret

Raccrochez, C’est Une Horreure

These tracks are part of the Curiosites? album, which you can download from here or buy as part of a "twofer" deal from the wonderful Letterbox Records.

1 comment:

mk is Watoo said...

hoho, thanks for posting again about us Sweeny!

Pascale had the idea to name the band Watoo Watoo back in 1993. There was (almost) no internet then, so we didn't remember (& couldn't check) that there are twice more "t" in the cartoon name!
But I do think that the name Watoo Watoo looks better than the name Wattoo Wattoo.