Saturday, April 03, 2010

Didn't mean to disappoint you


It’s been a while, hasn’t it?

And, yes, I know my behaviour’s been abominable, simply intolerable – I just breeze back in here without so much as a by your leave. (I don’t call, I don’t write…).

But, hey ho, you knew that about me when you first got involved, right?

Anyway…

Erland & the Carnival

(File this one under “Not breaking any new ground”, to use a Coleser-ian device…)

When you know people have been banging on about a band for a while, it’s easy to feel like you’ve missed your chance, that the ship has sailed, and that you didn’t really want to catch it anyway.

Well, everywhere I turn people seem to be raving about Erland & the Carnival, to the extent that a Mercury nomination seems inevitable… What with a number of other “difficulties” (for instance, there’s some sort of Blur / Verve connection that I can’t be bothered to investigate…), I’ve been putting off any investigation at all.

Anyway, turns out they’re rather good…



(With apologies to Mr Ashby, why do I never listen?)

The younger, cooler member of the family has just drifted in, and when I tried to suggest he might like this, instantly replied

“Sounds boring…”

No telling some people, eh?

No comments: