Thursday, March 11, 2010

Honey, take a run down to the beach!


Did something very old school Partly Porpoise this evening. Haven’t done it for ages…

Long time readers of this Blog may remember how I used to go about finding new music by muddying my hands in the waters of Myspace. A pretty good yield it used to afford me too, for a while. For some reason though, Myspace changed the way they do things, and suddenly no downloads available anymore.

Anyway, I just thought I’d have a look…

The Drums

The Drums are a New York based band, who (if the stories are to be believed) decided to make a conscious move away from synths etc towards guitar-driven pop, without actually being able to play guitars. I like the story, so I’m choosing to be believe it.

Turns out the results are rather fun, lots of sixties harmonies, jingly guitars, bouncy bass lines and jaunty whistling. A winning formula.

Watch this:



You can download five (moderately) different versions of “Surfing” from here, including the “straight” version, but I thought I’d host one of the remixes.

This is the Nothing but the Girl mix:

Surfing

Not enough whistling in music theses days…

No comments: