Saturday, May 23, 2009

This is how we walk on the moon!


I have been out of the game (as McNulty might say) of recent, not really looking for or finding new music, and generally getting on with … stuff.
It’s half term now, and in the coming months there are a plethora (yes, a plethora) of gigs coming my way in the next few weeks, the first of which is tomorrow at Colston Hall. So I’m envisaging a fresh onslaught in the coming days.

In the meantime, I have come across these tracks by maverick New York disco artist cum cellist. I haven’t quite got a handle on exactly where he fits, if you understand what I mean, he’s got some John Martyn in him for sure, but lots of quirky Latin American beats and the like too.

Anyway, watch this and read about him here.



(Thanks to Nick Leonard)

Now go and buy his compellingly ragged World of Echo record and go figure…

No comments: