Sunday, November 18, 2007

You can jump, you can holler...

Well I don't know how we've got here, but here we are again, another Sunday, another week gone by. Afraid I don't have anything "new" new but I do have the second Lucky Seven, another mixed bag of records I wish someone had told me about sooner.

I'm particularly keen on the Dr Alimantado track, an absolute stunner by a somewhat eccentric Jamaican genius. Yeah another one...


The Best Dressed Chicken in Town - Dr Alimantado
Long Shot (Kick de Bucket) - The Pioneers
Howlin' for my Baby - Howlin' Wolf
She Said Yeah - Flamin' Groovies
The Second Line - Clinic
Zig Zag Wanderer - Captain Beefheart
One of Us Is Dead - The Earlies

Looking at this again, there are only a couple of tracks less than 25 years old, but they all sound pretty fresh to me.

Lucky Seven #2

Have a listen (and a good week)

1 comment:

Cole said...

Bizarrely enough I was playing 'Best Dressed Chicken in Town' (the album) earlier this afternoon. One of my favourites. The best track from it is 'Poisoned Flour' in my most 'umble opinion.