Monday, June 11, 2007

The problem lies behind their eyes...

OK, I'm trying something new out here, and we'll see how it works out, eh?

I've recently joined a forum called IODA Promonet, and I haven't yet decided whether it's a Good Thing or whether I'm just playing into the hands of the Man. (Do people still talk about "The Man"?)

Basically, labels seem to post tracks on Promonet for discerning (ahem) bloggers to take advantage of, and in return I provide some sort of link in this here Blog for Promonet to count how many hits the track gets.

Or something.

The Harrisons

Anyway, as it turns out, one of the tracks I've come across is this one by the Harrisons, from Sheffield, which turns out to be a bit of a cracker. I guess every poor sod from The North has by now got an awful lot to live up to, and will presumably go to all sorts of lengths to avoid being accused on the Monkey Bandwagon. But why bother? It's a good sound, and that's all you really need to worry about. Lots of arch-sounding guitars, a bouncing bass line and blue-collar lyrics, what's not to like?

The name apparently comes from a street in the Hillsborough area of the city that the four band members grew up in. And if you get to see the Harrisons, you'll come across that very street sign which is now part of their stage set.

There's an album just out too, "No Fighting in the War Room", which is available on emusic, amongst others (as you'll see below, I think...)

Download "Dear Constable" (mp3)
from "No Fighting in the War Room"
by Harrisons
Melodic

More On This Album

No comments: