Thursday, April 06, 2006

Ride out my luck, just keep holding on tighter

Gee, but aren’t the Easter holidays great? (I know, great if you’re a teacher, not so great if you’re not – and yeah it is a bit early to be celebrating Easter. We seem to have finished very early this year).

Rather than alienating the literally dozens of people currently reading this Blog, I'll not go on about the life of a Southern Gentleman I am currently leading, and instead I’ll get on with the music.

First off, I’ve had some news from The Left Outsides (See! This is getting more and more like a real Blog every day!). They have a couple more downloads available, one from their website and another from their Myspace site. Here’s the link to the website one, another really good song.

Neon Rainbow – The Left Outsides

I’ve also heard from JSTAR, who mentioned a number of gigs and releases he’s been involved with. He’s a busy lad! I’m copying part of his e-mail, mostly to make it absolutely clear that I am indeed a “friend of the stars”, but also because I have to confess I didn’t quite understand all of it…

Nice one Andrew- thanks for the support and amusement. Well we haven't been arrested for gratuitous language, nor sued for borrowing accapellas and putting records out that records companies wouldn’t.

JSTAR and my old mucker MC Honey Brown will be doing a kind of compering thing at Bristol Academy for 'love music / hate racism' campaign. Plus we get to go to Munich next week (arranged through Myspace!) - whether we'll be invited back is another thing....

Oh yeah - and we'll be adjusting our musical set accordingly, to appear at Reading's WOMAD (World of mud and drugs), over the last weekend in July, in the reggae room with Trojan sounds and Heatwave dj's.

We just released an unofficial dub mix of Ms Dynamite’s version of Ken Boothe's 'Fall in love 'on 7" - but it was limited to only 253 copies. A 12" will be out with a dub of the dub (ie no record company parts appear) + the 'step 1' track off mice bass and a Dubby rap thing courtesy of DJ Vadim's rapper 'Blu Rum 13'.
Enough mad names yet?

(I’m an old feller, now, and find it hard to keep up sometimes – I did follow it as far as the part where he talks about a dub of a dub, but from then I was out of my depth, sorry J!)

The Brides of Neptune

Am also waiting impatiently to hear from a new band (or at least new to me) called Brides of Neptune who have a number of tracks on Myspace, and who play “downtrodden, drug fuelled country blues” according to their profile, and whom I rather like. Not much more information about them, I’m afraid (Oh, they’re from Manchester…er, that’s it.), but they've promised me some more information. (I'm a patient man, Jim...)

I didn’t want to wait to post this track though, because it’s a good ’un. So here it is – I’ll let you know when I’ve got some more information about them. G Love & Special Sauce anyone?

Seven – The Brides of Neptune

(It’s directly from Myspace, so if the link is slow, be patient, or wait for the compilation I will be putting together when I have enough new tracks…)

No comments: